Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blog Post # 9

www.google.com

What I've Learned This Year
May 27, 2009
The first post I read from Mr. Joe McClung was "What I've Learned This Year." This was his first year as an elementary school teacher and I can imagine that he must have been nervous of the mistakes that he might have made. He shared with us his experiences and the lessons he learned for this year. I must say that he made some very valuable points and gave some really good points. I'm going to use his advice when I start teaching. He shared with us how to read the crowd, be flexible, how to communicate, be reasonable, don't be afraid of technology, and lastly never stop learning. I feel like if you take a look at these points and get a clear understanding about how to go about doing these things, you will be a well rounded teacher and everyone around will know that you have a true passion for teaching.

What I learned This Year
June 23, 2011
This is his Mr. Joe Mcclung's third year and he is still experiencing new things. This year he picked up new and exciting tasks. This is his first year being head coach and also coaching cross country. This is also his first year being a computer applications teacher. He talks about being excited about change and don't be afraid to be an outsider because obviously everyone isn't the same. Everyone thinks differently and that's why he says don't expect everyone to be as excited as you are. If you are excited than be excited. Another thing he talked about was how his classroom mom taught him don't touch the keyboard. What she meant by this was don't touch the keyboard while training. She was taught this while working on an airline. This same concept can be used in the classroom also. When you teach make sure you are still making sure that they are learning and doing the work themselves rather than you doing the work for them while teaching. If you do this than they aren't really learning.
I really enjoyed Mr. Joe McClung's post and there going to stick with me. I will use these guidelines when I start teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment