Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post #4

The benefits of podcasting in the classroom

In this video they talked about how podcasting can be beneficial in the classroom. I agree because this is a way to keep students entertained and excited about learning. It is also a good way to teach outside the classroom such as if it is an online class or simply for extra help. It is also smart because if a student has to miss class they won't be behind. It can be a great resource for students and also parents of the students can see what is going on in there child's classes. This video was interesting!

Eagle Nest Radio & class blog

This was a podcast by a third grade class. I thought it was very interesting. The students learned about Rome and is talking about it. They had a lot of information to share and that really impressed me. I think that the music should have been a little quieter so that we could hear the students clearly. Overall I really enjoyed it.

The Practical Principals

In this podcast there was a variety of different topics which I thought were really interesting. They were talking about the different issues that teachers can face and how you can go about solving them. They also talked about improvement plans for teachers and why teachers can get on it. They talked about all the different tools that could also help in the classroom. I thought this was a very helpful podcast and it taught me some things that I didn't know!

2 comments:

  1. You need to identify what topics were discussed, what ideas were suggested and how you reacted to the suggestions in the assignments. Don't just summarize with general statements. Give us examples. Give us your reactions and specify what you learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree on your summary from the blogs and videos. I wrote similar ideas and thoughts on my blog as well. In my opinion Mr. Strange wants you to give more information and he put the same on my blog as well. The information that he really wants should have been said in the assignments if you ask me because I don't recall it being that specific.

    ReplyDelete